Why Rent From Us?
- Professional and Appreciative Customer Service
- All Security Deposits are held in Trust Accounts by Broker and Processed Quickly & Professionally
- We Represent Well Maintained Homes in Desirable Areas
- Prompt & Professional Maintenance Staff
- We are the Property Manager. No middle man, no private owners, we are your Personal Contact for Everything!
Resources & Tools
Resources to Make Your Stay Comfortable
For our current residents we have a complete set of tools and procedures to make your stay with us more comfortable and rewarding.
Links and Resources
Lease from a Professional Property Manager. Whats the difference?
- We abide by all Fair Housing Act guidelines
- Your Security Deposit is held in a Trust Account by a licensed Broker. Not spent by a Landlord that doesn't understand the law.
- 24 hour Emergency Maintenance Service
- Prompt response to your maintenance needs, handled by insured and courteous vendors.
We LOVE residents who LOVE their Pets! View our Pet Policy
APPLICATION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE, WE CAN NOT GUARANTEE APPROVAL. PLEASE SEE "APPLICATION PROCESS"FOR DETAILS BEFORE PAYING"*
Welcome to TruHaven Homes, Inc. Thank you for your interest in our home! Below are instructions to guide you through the Application Process and make sure our policies are clear. We look forward to reviewing your Application!
Who has to apply?
Each adult (any person over the age of 18) who will occupy the property must submit a complete application.
What are we looking for?
For each tenant, we verify the following:
- Credit – We are unable to approve applications with a one month deposit that contain any the following:
- Prior Landlord Collections/Evictions/Dispossessory Filings
- Utility Bill Collections
- Cell Phone Collections
- Late Car Payments/Repossessions
- Credit Scores below 650
- National Criminal Background - We are unable to approve applications containing the following:
- Violent Crimes or Weapons Charges
- Felony Convictions
- Theft/Embezzlement Convictions
- Drug Related Convictions
- Income and Employment Verification
- Monthly income must be at least three times the rental amount
- Pet Verification
- If you a have a pet or pets you must supply us with an electronic photo of each pet and proof that the pet has been altered (spayed or neutered). All pet approvals are at the Managements sole discretion.
Ready to Apply? Here’s How!
- PAY YOUR APPLICATION FEE - The application fee is $50/individual applicant and $75/couple. The fee is non-refundable. We cannot process your application until we receive the application fee. To pay your Application Fee go to: http://www.truhavenhomes.com/application and then click on BUY NOW.
- COMPLETE YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION - Go to www.TruHavenHomes.com, click on VIEW AVAILABLE PROPERTIES, select the property you are applying for and click on APPLY NOW. From there just follow the prompts!
- FORWARD DOCUMENTATION - Email the following items to your TruHaven Homes reprentative OR attach them within your Application:
- Copy of your Driver’s License
- Copy of proof of your most recent pay stub.
- If you have a pet(s), a copy of Proof of Alter and current vaccinations from your vet.
What if there is more than one Application?
If multiple applications are received we will weigh them based on credit, income, length of last residence, length of current employer.
Your Application was Approved?! What now???
Once you are approved, you will need to come in to the office to complete the process. To move forward you will need to pay the Reservation Fee in CERTIFIED FUNDS made payable to TruHaven Homes. The Reservation Fee is equal to one month’s rent. Sign your Lease. Once both of these tasks are completed, we will take the property off the market and hold it for you for 30 days. At move-in, you Reservation Fee converts to your 1st month’s rent.
PLEASE NOTE: It is up to you to read and review your Lease. A SAMPLE LEASE is available for review on www.truhavenhomes.com/APPLICANTS. Please feel free to ask us any questions on anything you do not understand.
When can I take Possession?
You can take possession on the day of your “Move-In”. On that day, you will come into the office to complete your Move In. You pay your Security Deposit and Pet Deposit(s) if applicable at that time and we give you the keys!
What if I Move-In in the Middle of the Month?
If your move-in date is anything other than the first of the month, you will have a pay a full month’s rent and Security Deposit before you take possession and on the first day of the following month, your rent due will be a pro-rated amount to reflect the actual amount of days you had possession of the home the month before. We do not accept pro-rated rent on the first month.
Where is your office? What are your office hours?
TruHaven Homes, Inc.
1944 Clairmont Rd.
Decatur, GA 30033
M-TH = 10am to 5pm
FRI = Closed
Weekends = By Appointment Only
Summertime energy saving tips!
The average home spends hundreds of dollars a year on energy costs. But you can lower your energy bills and help save the environment at the same time!
Be a speedy chef
Nothing is more energy efficient for cooking than your microwave. It uses two-thirds less energy than your stove.
Push a button to wash your dishes
Surprise! Your dishwasher uses less water than washing dishes by hand. Then let dishes air-dry to save even more!
Fill up the fridge
Having lots of food in your fridge keeps it from warming up too fast when the door is open. So your fridge doesn't have to work as hard to stay cool.
Cutting back unnecessary energy use is an easy way to reduce energy consumption while saving money. Here are some additional suggestions you can do at home, at absolutely no cost to you.
Turn up your thermostat
Set your thermostat to 78 degrees when you are home and 85 degrees or off when you are away. Using ceiling or room fans allows you to set the thermostat higher because the air movement will cool the room. Always take into account health considerations and be sure to drink plenty of fluids in warm weather. (Save: 1 - 3 percent per degree, for each degree the thermostat is set above 72 degrees)
Use your appliances wisely
To help prevent electricity outages, avoid running your appliances during peak hours, -- from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. -- or anytime an electricity emergency is declared.
Do your laundry efficiently by using the warm or cold water setting for washing your clothes. Always use cold water to rinse clothes. (Save: 4 percent)
- Line dry clothes whenever you can.
- When you need to use the dryer, run full loads, use the moisture-sensing setting, and clean the clothes dryer lint trap after each use.
- Conserve energy by running your dishwasher only when it is fully loaded, and turn off the dry cycle and air dry dishes instead.
Eliminate wasted energy
- Turn off appliances, lights and equipment when not in use. (Save: 2%)
- Unplug electronic devices and chargers when they aren't in use-most new electronics use electricity even when switched "off." Turn computers and printers off at the power strip.
Unplug and recycle that spare refrigerator in the garage if you don't really need it.